Acay 4900mt: Pedaling above the clouds (Salta Argentina)Hard
Discover the scenery of Salta. The province that calls itself “la linda” (the beautiful one). From its Yunga forests we climb up to “Abra del Acay” (4895 m above sea level), one of the highest mountain passes of the continent. We ride on our mountain bikes through ancient villages discovering Precolonial ruins. At the end we follow the famous “Tren de las nubes” (the cloud train ) and descend 150 km.
Photos of the last travel in Acay 4900mt: Pedaling above the clouds (Salta Argentina)
Contact us for the travel day plan
Cuesta del Obispo (Obispo mountain road), National park "Los Cardones", Cachi, Calchaquí Valleys, San Antonio de los Cobres, Tastil, Quebrada del Toro, Salta.
475 Km (250 km on gravel road).
The difficulty of this mountain biking trip is the fact that we bike at high altitude. With our experience from past editions of this mountain biking trip give us the chance to guarantee a soft pace on each lap of the trip, graded levels which helps for a fine acclimatization to heights, so that you will get an enjoying biking trip despite of the altitude and level differences, drops. Normally 70 km per day with frequent stops to rest and enjoy the view. We recommend that you be prepared for a daily 5 hour ride.
minimum 8 people, maximum 15.
- Support vehicle
- all meals (4 meals during the day and snacks - energy boosters during the ride and beverages)
- Lodging in tents 2 nights in small hotels and 2 in hostels
- mechanical assistance and spare bike service.
- Mountain bike or hybrid,with gravel and paved road tires and prior mechanical check up
- Water bottle or water backpack (Camel)
- Sleeping bag and Thermarest
- Tent only if you want a single tent
- Head lamp or flash light with spare batteries
- Personal medication
- Sunblock lotion and lip balm
- No need for saddlebags unless you want to carry your own camera
- Bike pants short & long
- Running pants
- synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Socks synthetic & wool
- Rain poncho (optional)
- Sandals or spare tennis shoes
- polar neck