Costa Rica: land of volcanoes, national parks, beautiful beaches and very nice peopleMedium
Costa Rica is a “garden country”, where Nature has developed in an unique way. Its people, the “ticos, are very appreciative and protective of its biodiversity. They are an extremely nice people. 27 % of Costa Rica’s territory is a protected area and there are 25 national parks. It’s a very tempting invitation to a nature loving cyclist!
We offer a selection of national parks, volcanoes and sea coast areas. This is a trip with lots of cycling emotion, some stretches require effort and provide excitement. Pleasurable and relaxing beaches. Constant sightings of wild animals
Photos of the last travel in Costa Rica: land of volcanoes, national parks, beautiful beaches and very nice people
Contact us for the travel day plan
San Jose, Cartago, Volcan Irazu (3432m), Volcan Turrialba, Volcan Arenal, Lago Arenal, Volcan Tenorio, Travesia de la Peninsula de Nicoya: Ruta de los Monos, Playa Grande, Avellanas, Ostional, Cabo Blanco. Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio. Peninsula de Osa: Drake, Puerto Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo, PN Corcovado.
630 km (mostly on dirt roads). Stage average: 52 km
daily average riding is 52 km for 12 stages. 85 % of the trip is on dirt road. There are some ups and down with quite a slope. Level difference is 5500m. The biggest difficulty in this trip is the hot weather and humidity.
- full time guide assistance
- support vehicles to transport equipment and people who want to and all the food
- Transfers mentioned in this schedule and trips in boats and ferries
- Every lodging in hotels and cabins
- Optional: insurance on personal accidents
- bicycle rentals
- national parks entry tickets
- alcoholic drinks and extras
- meals described in this schedule as “not included”