Bolivia and PeruMedium
Discovering the land of the old Inca empire following the Manco Capac trail. From Copacabana to lake Titicaca (Bolivia), and to Ollantaitambo, by bike. Then we do trekking (42 km) along the famous “camino del Inca” (Inca trail) to Machu Picchu. Descend to the yungas (Andean forests) considered one the greatest “Downhill” roads of the world. During the biking trip we will be surrounded by high snow capped mountains, high mountains of the Andes, then we change completely the setting getting into deep leafy jungle subtropical forest called yungas. The contrast in colors, hues and settings will be the leading mark of this biking trip. Panoramic views of the “altiplano”, wild untamed nature changing into cultivated farms by the blue waters of the Titicaca lake. Green cultivated terraces at the Sacred valley of the Incas “Sagrado Valle de los Incas”. Marketplaces full of handmade articles and colorful endless products, small aborigine villages, towns and cities enriched by amazing ancient buildings. Discover the fascinating ancient Inca culture at almost unknown places, at the Island of the Sun or at the worldly known Machu Picchu city. You may observe the working local aboriginal population their traditions and their devoted faith in the Pachamama (Mother Earth) and may be unveil or comprehend the mystic of this special places.
Photos of the last travel in Bolivia and Peru
Contact us for the travel day plan
Copacabana by Titicaca lake shore (Bolivia), del sol island, Coroico (yungas 'downhill'), Puno, De los Uros island, Abra de la Raya, Cuzco, "Valle Sagrado de los Incas" (sacred Inca valley), Machu Picchu ruins.
680 km biking on paved road (just 215 km on gravel road) at 3.500m above sea level. Maximum height: 4.350m.a.s.l. Two exiting long downhill biking sections with 1000 m level difference.
Intermediate. The difficulty of this mountain biking trip is the fact that we bike at high altitude most of the trip. (between 3500 and 4350m above sea level). With our experience from past editions of this mountain biking trip give us the chance to guarantee a soft pace on each lap of the trip, graded levels which helps for a fine acclimatization so that you will get an enjoying biking trip despite of the altitude and level differences, drops.
Note: as it is a mountain biking single track trip at certain heights (higher levels which we are usually used to), we recommend a medical check before we start the trip just for your safety and peace of mind.
Between 5°C and 25°C.
minimum 8 people, maximum 12 people. Registration should be confirmed four months in advance otherwise a 15% will be added to the price. Because it is high season we recommend booking well in advance mostly to guarantee flight ticket availability.
- Support vehicle with trailer for bikes and gear (closed trailer).
- Mountain bike guide and assistance, they are experienced people in cycling tours.
- Mechanical and spare parts assistance.
- All the meals (four meals daily with energy reinforcements), except the dinner at Puno and the day off at Cusco.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantitambo.
- Tours: Descending into the Yunga forest, Isla del Sol and Inca trail.
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- airport taxes
- one dinner in Puno and meals at leisure day in Cuzco
- alternative and optional excursions
- tips for the guides and extras
- Mountain bike or hybrid,with gravel and paved road tires and prior mechanical check up Helmet.
- Water bottle or water backpack (Camel).
- Trekking shoes
- Backpack (this is for the Inca trail trekking with capacity to carry your sleeping bag, change clothing your personal gear and 2 liters water)
- Personal medication
- Sun block lotion and lip balm
- No need for saddlebags unless you want to carry your own camera
- Bike pants short & long
- Running pants
- synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Socks synthetic & wool
- Rain poncho (optional)
- Sandals or spare tennis shoes
- polar neck