Crossing the Andes from the Chilean fjords to the Andean lakesMedium
Crossing the Andes from the Pacific ocean to lake Nahuel Huapi. Riding through indigenous forests, patagonian lakes and mountains, climbing up the Osorno volcano with our bikes.
Photos of the last travel in Crossing the Andes from the Chilean fjords to the Andean lakes
Contact us for the travel day plan
Bariloche and surrounding areas. Puerto Montt (Chile). Lake Llanquihue. Volcano Osorno. Hot springs. Puyehue Pass (1350m). Argentina: Villa la Angostura. Arrayan forest (Quetrihue Peninsula).Nahuel Huapi ,Lanin Naxional park, “Camino de los Siete Lagos”, San Martin de los Andes.Bariloche.
675 km. (350 gravel road + 325 paved road)
Biking days last approx.. 5/6 hr.. and are split in two legs, morning and afternoon. Normal cycling speed is approx. 17km/h. Those who might feel tired can use the support vehicle. We cycle about 80 km per day with about 800 m level difference per cycling day.
minimum 8 people. Registration should be confirmed two months in advance otherwise a 15% will be added to the price.
- Experienced guides assistance
- Support vehicle
- Mechanical assistance and spare bike
- All meals included (4 meals daily plus energy snacks in between)
- Transfer to Puerto Montt
- Lodging in hotels and at cabins
- Mountain bike or hybrid, with gravel and paved road tires and prior mechanical check up
- Water bottle or water backpack (Camel)
- Sleeping bag and Thermarest
- Tent only if you want a single tent
- Head lamp or flash light with spare batteries
- Personal medication
- Sunblock lotion and lipbalm
- No need for saddlebags unless you want to carry your own camera
- Bike pants short & long
- Running pants
- synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Socks synthetic & wool
- Rain poncho (optional)
- Sandals or spare tennis shoes