La Quebrada de Humahuaca + Acay extensionHard
On this tour we cross the Tropic of Capricorn and experience more than the ” seven colors ” of the Quebrada valley. Following off the beaten track roads and paths we will discover other cultures and ancient pre-Columbian towns.
Photos of the last travel in La Quebrada de Humahuaca + Acay extension
Contact us for the travel day plan
Ciudad de Jujuy, Quebrada de Humahuaca, Coctaca (pre-Columbian ruins), Tilcara, Purmamarca, Maimará, Salinas Grandes, Tumbaya, lagoon de Yala, Abra de Potrerrillos (4200m above sea level), Reyes hot springs.
285 km (120 km on paved roads)
We mountain bike 285 km, 120 km of this on paved road. 70 % is downhill. Approximately 60 km are on trails and secondary gravel roads. There is no more than 3 hs cycling per day.
minimum 8 people. Registration should be confirmed two months in advance otherwise a 15% will be added to the price.
- Permanent assistance by two guides
- Support vehicle
- all meals (4 meals during the day and snacks - energy boosters during the ride and beverages)
- Lodging in in hostel-inn - hosterias
- Mechanical assistance and spare bikes
- transfer or flight ticket from Buenos Aires (round trip).
- Mountain bike or hybrid,with gravel and paved road tires and prior mechanical check up
- Water bottle or water backpack (Camel)
- Personal medication
- Sunblock lotion and lipbalm
- No need for saddlebags unless you want to carry your own camera
- Bike pants short & long
- Running pants
- synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Socks synthetic & wool
- Rain poncho (optional)
- Sandals or spare tennis shoes
- polar neck