Patagonia with road bikes: Andes and Chiloe Island’s double crossingMedium
This is the most complete option to get to know Patagonia on paved roads. We will ride across Chiloe Island, with its charming villages and churches (UNESCO World Heritage). We will do some riding along the Pacific Ocean, with some of the most interesting lakes in Patagonia and also in the volcanoes area. The itinerary will takes us across 5 national parks and 11 lakes. Enriched with dense vegetation of the “valdivian rain forest” and the Andes crossing through the Cardenal Samore pass (1350masl).
Photos of the last travel in Patagonia with road bikes: Andes and Chiloe Island’s double crossing
Contact us for the travel day plan
we will ride 1400 k in 11 stages, with a daily average of 130 k (the longest 180 k and the shortest 70 k). Total level difference is approximately 12000m.
between 5 C and 25 C. It might rain in some stretches.
every 2 or 3 hours there will be stops and drinks (water, juice) and energy snacks will be provided. There will be a longer stop at midday to have lunch. The support vehicle will always escort the cyclists and will be available for any need.
minimum 5 people and maximum 8
- assistance by experienced guides, support vehicles (with racks for the bikes).
- Transfers mentioned in the program.
- Boat crossing to Chiloe Island.
- All meals (with the exception of dinners mentioned as not included).
- Meal service includes: breakfast, an energy snack at mid-morning (cereal bars, fruit, candy, juices and water).
- Lunch (usually light: sandwiches, pies, pastries, fruit).
- Tea and dinner.
- Lodging in hotels (mostly 3 stars) and cabins.
- Optional: medical insurance.