Sacred Valley of the Incas and Machupicchu.Medium
In this trip we will enjoy the most spectacular natural attractions, of this famous and sacred valley, varying panoramas with an important breadth of unevenness, in a very exciting route; with descents from the snowy peaks to the rainforest. Throughout the tour we will discover imposing archeological centers and the mystical citadel of Machupicchu, which we will appreciate from different angles by trekking to its magical mountains.
Note: whoever wants it, can start this trip (which we have offered since 1998), in the city of La Paz, Bolivia, a week before and appreciate the charms of Lake Titicaca, among other attractions – find more
Contact us for the travel day plan
Copacabana by Titicaca lake shore (Bolivia), del sol island, Coroico (yungas 'downhill'), Puno, De los Uros island, Abra de la Raya, Cuzco, "Valle Sagrado de los Incas" (sacred Inca valley), Machu Picchu ruins.
220 km biking (just 120 km on gravel road) at 3.500m above sea level. Maximum height: 4.350m.a.s.l. Two exiting long downhill biking sections with 1000 m level difference.
Intermediate. The difficulty of this mountain biking trip is the fact that we bike at high altitude most of the trip. (between 1700 and 4350m above sea level). With our experience from past editions of this mountain biking trip give us the chance to guarantee a soft pace on each lap of the trip, graded levels which helps for a fine acclimatization so that you will get an enjoying biking trip despite of the altitude and level differences, drops. Note: as it is a mountain biking single track trip at certain heights (higher levels which we are usually used to), we recommend a medical check before we start the trip just for your safety and peace of mind.
Between 5°C and 25°C.
minimum 5 people, maximum 15 people. Registration should be confirmed three months in advance otherwise a 15% will be added to the price.
- Support vehicle with trailer for bikes and gear (closed trailer).
- Mountain bike guide and assistance (Mariano Lorefice), they are experienced people in cycling tours.
- Mechanical and spare parts assistance.
- All the meals (four meals daily with energy reinforcements), except the dinner at Puno and the day off at Cusco.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantitambo.
- Tours: Inca trail.
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- airport taxes
- one dinner in Puno and meals at leisure day in Cuzco
- alternative and optional excursions
- tips for the guides and extras
- Mountain bike or hybrid,with gravel and paved road tires and prior mechanical check up Helmet.
- Water bottle or water backpack (Camel).
- Trekking shoes.
- Backpack (this is for the Inca trail trekking with capacity to carry your sleeping bag, change clothing your personal gear and 2 liters water)
- Personal medication
- Sun block lotion and lip balm
- No need for saddlebags unless you want to carry your own camera
- Bike pants short & long
- Running pants
- synthetic long sleeve shirt
- Polar fleece jacket
- Socks synthetic & wool
- Rain poncho (optional)
- Sandals or spare tennis shoes
- polar neck